Tuesday, May 5, 2009
My thoughts on Mothers Day....
I think Mothers Day should be for the kids. I would not be a mother if it weren't for them. They are the reason i have the title of Mother, not that i deserve it right now. I don't think i have been a good mother or wife lately, and i can't belive i am so lucky. Savanna & Annabelle got a cold yesterday, and Savanna was up all night, and i mean ALL NIGHT. I watched the minutes tick by on the clock. I haven't slept in 2 days, and i think i am going to see how long i can go without sleep.... as long as i have Latte's i think i can make it a week.... ha ha. I think around 3:00 i gave in the urg to go back to sleep and just resolved to myself i wasn't going to get any rest. Between the 1:30 hot steam shower and the 2 & 5:00 am nose sucking episodes i was ready to break. As i sat in the basement bawlling from exhaustion while holding a sobbing 5 month old because she couldn't breathe, I knew I wasn't trying hard enough. Oh, did I mention the 1:00 am puke & 9:30 am puke?? Snot can choke... mental note. Scott is sick too and all I could do yesterday is yell at him... I bet he's sorry he came home yesterday. So I think this Mothers day and from now on I will thank my babies for giving me the opportunity to BE A MOM, I have learned so much. Patience, unconditional love, humillity, to be humble, sensitivity toward others, and the fact that EVERY PERSON had a mother, they will never love me more than i love them, and I know they will love their children more than they will ever love me, and I wouldn't want it anyother way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
its the hardest job you'll ever love... honestly.
You are such an inspiration to me!!! Don't you dare be down on yourself one more minute! I love you and hope you get some sleep soon!!! Breaks my heart to hear you were in the basement!!! You are a good mom and wife!!!!
I love your pretty flowers.
I look at pics of Annebell and can't believe that only 2-3 years ago you were childless, and now you are mommy running around with 2keeping you busier then ever.
Being a Mother is a lot of sacrifice, but with all the fun precious moments it makes it all so worth it and rewarding.
You are a good mom.
Post a Comment