HA HA HA!! I can laugh about it now BUT Sunday night November 9th was crazy! (for me anyway). So, midnight we are finallly winding down and just drifting off to sleep, when in the hallway we here Danzi (our beautiful green eyed long haired cat) start meowing and wanting attention. Nothing new here, usually we pat the bed and she jumps up for her usual night time loves, and then proceeds to sleep on my head, which I hate. We sleep with a water bottle in between out pillows so we can squirt her when she sleeps on my hair. Not this night, we patted the bed and no kitty jumping on the bed, just more meows. By now, I don't care whats going on in the hall, I just want to get as much sleep as possible before Savanna wakes up. Scott, on the otherhand, was paying attention. Her meows were a little muffled he thought. So jumped out of bed to check on her and make sure shes ok. I hear him flip on the light and say "Jen.... something...... Danzi blah blah blah..." The usual is that Danzi is puking, not new. You know the usual hairballs. So I lay in bed and ignore him, then i thought if she's puking he won't clean it up right so i better go help. I get downstairs and ALL the lights are on in the house and they are both looking under the couch. I'm thinking did the puke roll under the couch? NO THE MOUSE RAN UNDER THE COUCH!!!!!! HOLY CRAP THERE'S A MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!!! GEEZE! Scott said she had it in her mouth in the hallway and was probably bringing it into our room when he got up. He saw her in the hall and she dropped it, the thing ran around for a minute and then she caught it again, and brought it downstairs where she dropped it again and it ran under the couch.
Needless to say in a matter of seconds we had buckets and anything we could find to try to catch it or kill it, I was armed with an empty Leatherbys icecream bucket and a whinny the Pooh book, Scott had a sand castle making bucket and a Mickey mouse wand. The couch was turned upside down and we are standing there looking for anything that moved. Cole by this point came down and layed down in his dog bed and "supervised" from there. No mouse, Danzi was watching closely too. Poised to pounce at any sign of movement. After we tore the couch apart, we started on the baby toys. Sure enough it found a nice hiding spot in there. We pick up the toys and it jumped over Scotts hand and into the basket. The first thing that comes to mind is to put the toys outside and go through it till the thing runs out. I will try to paint the picture for you, me and my husband outside on the front porch, 12:30 a.m. about 38 degrees or lower outside going through baby toys (not very gently i might add), ok , TOSSING baby toys, in our UNDERWEAR. I'm not kidding. I was wearing my granny panties and a tanktop and Scott in his hanes his ways..... I said to Scott, "I don't care WHO drives by right now, I want this mouse GONE!". We tear through all the toys, things are singing, books are reading, trains are hooting, i thought for sure Annabelle was going to wakeup. We were standing under window afterall. No mouse. UGH! We look at eachother, crap, it's still in the house. So we go back in and start looking around. By this point Cole has gotten board and went back up to bed. So we sart on the other side of the room. Sure enough it must have ran out of the toys with out us seeing it (Magic Mouse) and has hidden itself under Colemans dog bed. Nice guard dog Cole. Scott moved the bed, grabs his weapon of choice a snd castle making bucket, and catches it in the bucket. WHEW! Except for the fact he didn't put his hand over the top. the bucket is so tiny a turtle could have jumped out of it. I am screaming at him to PUT YOUR HAND OVER THE BUCKET! and then he has the cahonies to try to SHOW ME THE MOUSE! I think he had a death wish. So we take the bucket out front past the mess of baby toys on the front porch strewn everywhere and he tosses the mouse as far as he can, at that same time one of the baby toys was getting ready to go to sleep mode and I hear it say "BYE BYE" as the "Magic Mouse" goes flying through the air hitting the road. Fitting. We now have mouse traps all over outside, and two in the house behind the couch. Not sure how he got in, I think it was when i left the door open the other day. And lets just hope it was an isolated incident.... right???
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Great story, you should write a book.
Been there, done that, however. Ours liked to come in and run around Mike's office ceiling and around our hot tub. Not pleasant. The mouse traps should help. They do get in without opening a door and letting them in.
Too funny, Jenn... I'll have to stay current on your blog as I just stumbled across this post. Remind me to tell you the one about the toilet replacement I did a few years ago. I'd say it's on par with this story.
Post a Comment